I got this simple treat idea from The Pioneer Woman. Of course I modified it based on what we had on hand. This is a perfect snack for the kids to help make.
We put graham crackers on a cookie sheet.
Then I melted chocolate almond bark in the microwave. I usually do this in a double boiler and prefer the consistency when I do it that way, but the microwave saves a lot of time. I then spread the chocolate on the crackers.
The kids then started adding the toppings.
Pretzels (on the second batch we broke up the pretzels and pressed them in a little more because they seemed to easily fall off this way)
The we added peanuts and Reese's Pieces.
It would have been better to have salted peanuts, but I didn't have that on hand.
While we waited for the bark to harden, we dipped pretzels in the extra chocolate.
It was such a simple treat that could be adjusted for any holiday or season. The second time we added sprinkles. The hardest part is not eating it all at once and saving some for the next day.
No comments:
Post a Comment