I may not be consistent about blogging here, but we are consistent about celebrating Pi Day. We went all out this weekend with pies.
We started with Shepherd's Pie recipe my sister shared with me, minus the turnips.
Trey informed me that next time I need more mashed potatoes for the top. There are claims on the leftovers, so I'd say it was a hit.
We made a new pie crust recipe that my mom shared with me. It was great because I could use my mixer. It made 4 pie crusts. We used two for a sweet pie and two for a savory pie.
Pie Crust Recipe
Divide dough into 4 portions. Wrap in plastic wrap and chill for 15 minutes. Can freeze for future use. Roll out flat with flour. Bake crust for 10-12 minutes at 450 degrees or according to pie directions.
_________
For Pi Day, we used all four, refrigerating two overnight with good results.
We made a Raspberry Pi. It set well and was delicious!
Chicken Pot Pie
It is a hearty, filling dish, so with this and the Shepherd's Pie we will be having pie leftovers tonight, and I guess fight over the last piece of raspberry pie. We did have a little bit of pie crust dough left over so we made scrap cookies/cinnamon sugar pie. That was eaten up almost immediately.





No comments:
Post a Comment