When Nancy asked what I was going to make for supper tonight I said "my version of Saucy Sour Cream Casserole." My version changes each time I make it. I'm not sure if I've ever actually followed the recipe. As far as that goes, I'm not even sure that I have the recipe. Here is what I did tonight:
1/2 pound hamburger, browned
1/2 pound spicy sausage, browned (I used the leftovers that I'd frozen from making pizza a few weeks ago)
3/4 box of multi-grain penne pasta, cooked as directed on box
1/2 block of cream cheese
3 heaping scoops of cottage cheese
a couple shakes of Italian seasoning
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
small can of tomato sauce
Preheat oven to 350. While the pasta was cooking I warmed the other ingredients, except the shredded cheese, together so that they were well blended and so the cream cheese was melted. Drain the pasta. Mix everything together well and top with shredded cheese. Bake for 20-30 minutes until it is a little bubbly and the cheese on top has melted.
There are two reasons I'm posting this recipe: 1) so Nancy can see tonight's version and 2) because everyone gobbled it up! Kent thought it was perhaps a little salty, but Trey had two helpings and Jake didn't take the time to quiz me on if I was serving him casserole before he ate it up. We avoid using the word "casserole" here because then Jake is certain to avoid the food.
No comments:
Post a Comment