I found it and I stocked up!
I haven't been able to find Golden Mushroom Soup for years and finally found it on my last trip to the grocery store. Teresa often makes the dish described below, but I hadn't been able to since this soup was required. Now I can and I did last night. Jake wasn't in love with it, but everyone else ate it up.
Ingredients:
Thin Round steaks or Minute steaks
2 cans Golden Mushroom Soup
Noodles or Rice
Put the steaks in a crock pot. Cover with soup. Cook for 6-8 hours on low. My crock pot cooks super fast, so it didn't take that long for mine to cook. Also, depending on the amount of meat you have and how much sauce you want, you might want to reduce it to one can of soup. When mine was cooked, I took the meat out and cubed it, then put it back in the sauce and kept it warm until it was time to eat. Cook noodles or rice according to directions. Serve meat over the pasta. As Jake would say "easy peasy."
Linked on August 31, 2011 at Kelly's Korner Crockpotalooza blog post.
3 comments:
We love this recipe at our house. So yummy!
I can't wait to try this, it seems really easy & quick.
My grandmother did this but added carroys and potatoes and onions and 1 envelope of lipton onion soup, a dash of worchestershire sauce and 1/4 to 1/2 cup pf water... just to help the veg cook! Very good over a pot roast or chicken breasts!!!
Post a Comment