We were at a store this week and Jake saw the most amazing thing: a waffle iron. He claims to have never seen anything like it even though we have one at our house and he has eaten waffles from it. I guess he thought that waffles only came from the frozen section at the grocery store and popped out of a toaster. So, today we brought out the waffle iron to refresh his memory. I didn't have what I needed to make the waffles so we went with the recipe on the box of Bisquick.
Trey loved helping.
Jake always likes to help in the kitchen.
Trey's turn to stir.
Now Jake's turn. Watch out Jake, Trey is trying to grab the bowl for another turn!
Jake thought the waffles were excellent.
Just like Buddy the Elf, Trey loved the syrup. Instead of dipping his waffle in it, he ate it with a spoon.
I'm not a fan at all of Bisquick waffles, but in order to show Jake that waffles don't just come from the toaster, the time was well spent.
No comments:
Post a Comment