Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Jello Gone Bad

It isn't every person who can mess up making jello, probably only those who also mess up making Minute Rice (I'll never hear the end of that one from my college days). I tried to make strawberry jello with blueberries, which I've done before, but apparently last week it was not to be. The jello never set. I knew the kids would love it though and I just couldn't toss it so I made ice cube tray popsicles. 

This size of treat is perfect for them. Even though they are in play clothes, I knew it was going to be a sticky/colorful mess, so I put paint shirts on them.

It was windy and there was a random dog wanting attention so I had them come into the garage to finish their treats. Jake's fell on the floor so I gave him another one. Of course when I made the popsicles last week I didn't have enough popsicle sticks for the whole tray, so I gave him a cube and a cup for his replacement.

Can you see the drips going all the way to his elbow?

I was glad they were wearing the paint shirts.

No comments: