One of the blogs I follow is Money Saving Mom. This month she is doing a series on freezer cooking. I hadn't planned to jump on the bandwagon, but ended up preparing three things for the freezer this week.
The first was a version of her Lasagna Casserole. Surprise, surprise, I didn't have everything that she used, so I made a few adjustments. I doubled the recipe and quadrupled the amount of pasta. I made one casserole for us to eat on Monday and had leftovers later in the week. Then I made one for the freezer using different noodles since I didnt' realize when I started that I'd want the leftovers and our family would finish off half a box of pasta in no time. What are we going to do when the boys are all teenagers?
Thursday was a rainy day, so I did lots of cooking. I tried the Pizza Pockets. Jake thought they were great and ate two. I thought they were pretty yummy. Trey was in a mood, so I'm putting them on the "kid approved" list thinking he'll like them better next time. I made some beef, some pepperoni and some a combo. I probably have 4-5 lunches for the kids that will be quick and tasty.
The third thing I made was her Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough. I can't speak regarding the ones I froze, but the fresh batch was very good! I'm quite certain we would have been in trouble if I'd baked the whole recipe!
I'm glad to have some easy go-to food items in the freezer for the summer. I plan to try a couple more of her recipes.
No comments:
Post a Comment