I used my three-tiered dessert holder today. (I've always considered it a dessert holder. I haven't thought about using for anything else.) We celebrated Christmas early and had an easy meal of Pasta e Fagioli soup. The fun part though is always desert.
They took a long time to make because of the required cooling. They are ok. I like the cranberry and orange flavor. To me they have the taste of a dump cake, but in a bar form. Kent likes them and keeps going back for more so I'll probably make them again. My preference for the same flavor would be my sister's orange cranberry bread. (To be clear, my preference is her making it and not me.)
This was easy to make, has the great chocolate/peanut butter combo and is festive. It has more of a toffee flavor than I normally like, but I will make this again maybe reducing the sugar/butter mixture and increasing the peanut butter. It is better straight out of the freezer.
The cookie in the middle is a gingerbread cookie mix that Elffey brought for the kids to help me make. That is the kids' favorite of course.
No comments:
Post a Comment