Thursday, October 18, 2012

Spicy Thai Noodles

This is hot.  Seriously, I don't know that I'd recommend this dish to anyone in the family except perhaps Papa.  I modified a recipe to make this dish.  The biggest change I made was serving it hot instead of cold.

Ingredients:
  • 1 box fettuccine noodles
  • 1 Tbsp crushed red pepper (next time I think I'll use 1/2)
  • 1/2 cup sesame oil (next time I think I'll use 1/2)
  • 6 Tbsp honey
  • 6 Tbsp soy sauce
  • carrots, roughing chopped
  • peanuts, roughly chopped
Directions:
  • Cook noodles according to directions and drain.
  • Heat oil and crushed red pepper on medium heat for two minutes.
  • Strain out the pepper and reserve the oil.
  • To the oil, whisk in honey and soy sauce.
  • Combine with noodles.
  • Top with carrots and peanuts and serve.
I had the forethought to not serve this to the kids.  Kent liked having a dish with lots of flavor, but even he said I could tame down the heat.  I liked having something totally different for supper, even though I kept adding carrots and peanuts to mine thinking I was cooling it down.  If you like hot, I think it is worth trying.  It is super easy.

No comments: