On Thursday we had a big cookies baking/treat making day in preparation for EberGoFest on Saturday and Care Group at church on Sunday.
Kyle helped me crunch up cookies for Peppermint Oreo Cookie Balls.
Later that evening Jake helped by sprinkling candy cane pieces on them after I dipped them in chocolate.
We made M&M cookies. Kyle helped by added 2 more M&Ms to each cookie.
I made some simple Reese's Peanut Butter Bars. They were easy to make, but of course didn't look as pretty as the ones on Pinterest. They are super duper yummy though.
I used a new sugar cookie recipe that included some almond extract to give it a bit of a different flavor. It had a great tip to roll out the dough before putting it in the fridge. It saved me a lot of time.
Clearly we aren't going for a fancy decorating award, but the kids love to help decorate.
I also made Brigadeiros. Say it with me, Brrrrrigadeirrros. Its so fun to say!
They are easy, but require patience. It is a Brazilian dessert that my Michigan friend was introduced to in China. Makes sense, right? It is a soft caramelly chocolate covered in sprinkles, traditionally chocolate sprinkles. What fun is that though? We used Christmasy sprinkles on ours.
Then I had fun taking pictures.
The EberGoFest gang never eats much so I knew I'd have plenty left over for Care Group tonight. Unfortunately, we aren't going to be able to make it because of some sick kids. Having this many treats in our house is not necessarily a good thing because we will eat them. Yum!
No comments:
Post a Comment