School will start soon. That means I can't be slacking on breakfast. I do my best to have some prepared foods in the freezer ready to go on those mornings that I don't have a good, nutritious plan. I've been stocking the freezer with breakfast burritos because I want something easy that has a protein boost.
There are so many options. The basics are egg and potato. To that I either add sausage and sweet potato or ham and cheese.
I made plain scrambled eggs. I just add a splash of milk to the eggs and whip them up. I diced up the sweet potato. I should have cooked it separately from the diced hash browns, but I didn't. I fried up the sausage. The ham and cheese I got at the deli.
I plan on 1 egg per burrito.
The cheese is really the glue to hold it all together.
I wrap them in foil.
Trey labeled them and then we put them in the freezer.
Any left over ingredients become their own special combination burrito.
We have 24+ burritos ready to go!
I generally take 2 burritos out of the freezer and put them in the refrigerator the night before. In the morning I put them in the oven until the oven says that it is preheated. I unwrap them and cut them in two. If they are still cold in the middle I pop them in the microwave for 20-30 seconds. It sounds like a quirky routine and it is, but that is what I've found to be the fastest and prevents them from being soggy. The kids each eat 1/2 of a burrito and fruit for breakfast. The sweet potato/sausage combo is new for us this year. Trey taste tested it and said it was really good!
No comments:
Post a Comment