One of the Valentine "tickets" that I gave the kids was to let/help them prepare supper. Jake did his a few weeks ago.
He made a modified version of The Pioneer Woman's Meatloaf. He didn't wrap it in bacon and we also made a few other modifications.
He did soak bread in milk.
He wasn't all about different textures when he was little and mushing together soggy bread and the meatloaf almost does me in, but he managed it quite well.
Ready for the oven.
He also made cheese potatoes and heated up some green beans.
He did a great job and it was a very tasty meal.
(I will say that one of our modifications to the meatloaf wasn't great. We don't know what it was, but it didn't taste like it did the last time we had it and I think that was my doing, not his.)
No comments:
Post a Comment