Last year I used a simple recipe to make Pumpkin Muffins.
After a little tweaking, we used the same recipe to make Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cookies.
I don't love pumpkin, but have three cans of pumpkin puree in the house and wanted to use some of it up.
Same ingredients as last time with the addition of chocolate!
1 can of pumpkin puree
1 box of yellow cake mix
1 bag of chocolate chips
Trey was quite proud to be running the mixer.
Mix all the ingredients together. We only used 1/2 a bag of chocolate chips. Next time I'll use a whole bag.
Use a scoop to make them cookie size and put them on greased cookie sheets.
Bake for 8-10 minutes in a 350 degree oven.
They don't flatten out like you might expect a cookie to do.
We enjoyed them as a fall treat.
I might have to make a cream cheese icing because I do love the combination of cream cheese, pumpkin and chocolate.
Such a simple snack for when Jake got home from school today.
As far as a kid rating goes, they aren't at the top of the list like Grandma's chocolate chip cookies would be, but still a nice treat with a seasonal theme.
No comments:
Post a Comment