Ingredients:
- Almond bark (melt for dipping as directed on the package)
- Oreos (or any chocolate sandwich cookie)
- Red, yellow and green food coloring
- Mini chocolate chips
- Mini M&Ms or other small colored candy
- Long pretzels
- Almond slivers
- Regular pretzels (optional)
Drizzle almond bark over the oreos and then use the mini M&Ms for eyes.
Ghosts:
Cover the oreos in the almond bark and then use mini chocolate chips for eyes.
Jack-o-lanterns:
Use the red and yellow food coloring to make orange. Dip the oreos in (I got lazy and didn't cover the whole cookie) and then use mini chocolate chips to make a face.
Witch's Fingers:
Add blue food coloring to the orange until you get a creepy green color. Coat 3/4 of each long pretzel with the almond bark. Use an almond sliver as a fingernail. Once they are almost dry, use a knife to make little lines like knuckles.
Use any remaining almond bark to coat some regular pretzels just for more little treats.
The kids loved to help decorate. While there is some variety, it wasn't very difficult for me. I just changed the color in the pan as I went. If the colors aren't perfect it is ok, they are Halloween Treats after all. I do admit that I thought the effort and factoring the cost of the embellishments we should have had more treats to share when we were done. Maybe the kids did more snacking while I was at the stove than I thought?
No comments:
Post a Comment