Thursday, October 11, 2012

Omelet Muffins and Pumpkin Waffles

An omelet muffin may not sound very appetizing, but they are surprisingly good and it was a quick way to make a good breakfast for the kids this week.

Omelet muffins (idea source)
Ingredients (for 12 muffins):
10 eggs
several slices of ham, diced (next time I'll use my mini chopper)
1 cup shredded cheese

Directions:
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.  I used a silicone bar muffin pan and sprayed it with cooking spray.  Mix all of the ingredients together.  Distribute evenly in the pan, a little over half full.  Cook for 30 minutes.  Watch them, you are looking for them to set and brown a little on top.

Serve them hot.  Refrigerate and microwave for 30 seconds for a quick breakfast the next day. 

Jake didn't love the texture on the outside.  Chopping it up helped.  He also isn't a big fan of the bigger pieces of ham which is why I'll use my mini chopper next time. 

Pumpkin Waffles
Ingredients:
Whatever your normal waffle recipe is
1 can of pumpkin
1 teaspoon of cinnamon

Directions:
Mix all together and cook your waffles as normal.

As I've said, I'm generally not a pumpkin fan unless there is lots of cream cheese.  I liked this though.  I freeze the leftovers and pop them in the toaster for a quick breakfast.

No comments: