For Easter I made a cheesecake. If the fact that I attempted making a cheesecake isn't enough to wow you, the fact that I made it in the Instant Pot should! Yes, a pressure cooker cheesecake.
I got the recipe from here:
And carefully red the notes here:
Who knew there was citrus in New York Cheesecake?
I used Biscoff cookies, 18 to be exact, for the crust.
And then forgot to put in the sugar, so sprinkled some on top (as if a cheesecake needs added sugar!)
A key to a pretty cheesecake is to have all of the ingredients at room temperature. I did a good job with the eggs and cream cheese, but forgot about the heavy cream, so I got some lumps.
I felt like a contortionist getting the cheesecake in the Instant Pot. I put a paper towel on the top to collect extra condensation, but not touching the top (at least that was the goal). Then I covered that loosely with foil. I also made a foil sling so I'd be able to get the springform pan out when it was done.
After it was done, I put the sour cream layer on top. I was glad to have this layer because it covered up the soufflé look the cheesecake had likely because I mixed it up too much. Seriously, I barely whipped it, but I guess it was too much.
The best part was that it looked nice on the pretty antique plate.
Well, maybe the very best part was that it tasted so good with the raspberry sauce that I made. Yummy! I should have used a better knife to make the cuts prettier, but does that really matter when it tastes so good?
One drawback is that the cheesecake is quite small. It only made 8 small pieces.





No comments:
Post a Comment