Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Vegetarian Stir Fry

I picked beans from the garden and had the kids snap the ends off.  They didn't do a great job at it, but it let them participate and I was able to salvage all of the beans.  Jake kept forgetting that there were two ends to each bean.  Trey just snapped them in half and threw them into a bowl, not caring which one.

I lined up all of the ingredient choices. 

  • Carrots
  • Zucchini from my sister-in-law's garden
  • Green beans from our garden
  • Peanuts
  • Pineapple
  • Tomatoes from our garden
  • Corn
  • Water chestnuts
  • Chow Mien noodles
I thought the kids would be more excited about the meal if they got to make their own choices for their dish.  Jake went through the line first and picked out his items.

He then dumped them in the wok where I had some butter and a little soy sauce.

Then it was Trey's turn to start filling his bowl.

Jake was not impressed.
But doesn't that look good?

Trey finished filling his bowl
and literally dumped it in.  Oops!

This is Trey's finished dish with the addition of noodles.
Doesn't that look wonderful?

The kids didn't think so at all!  I won't be putting this effort into this dish again.  I enjoyed it though and think that others would, just not my kids.

No comments: