Ingredients:
- Steak - I used two good size fillet steaks. It was hard to put two perfectly good grilling steaks into the crock pot, but I did it.
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 2/3 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
The steak was mostly frozen when I put it in. I covered the steak with the mushrooms. Then I mixed the remaining ingredients together and poured it on top. I covered it, put it on high and didn't look at it again for 5 1/2 hours.
It was fork tender and delicious! I think I could have used a lesser quality cut of meat and obtained similar results, saving the grilling steak for the grill! Prior to typing this post I looked at the recipe and see that when Jake read it to me he said 1 teaspoon of Italian seasoning. It should have been 1 Tablespoon. I didn't find it lacking, but did expect from the title for it to have more of a peppery taste. Perhaps I jotted down the pepper quantity down wrong? Regardless, it was a hit.
I served it with Ziti noodles tossed with Parmesan cheese and Tony's Seasoning. It was a bland side dish perhaps, but perfect with the flavorful meat. Plus, the kids loved it. Of course right now, fresh tomatoes from the garden are on my plate at every meal!
To simplify leftovers, I tossed the noodles in with the extra meat and sauce.
Linked today at Kelly's Korner Crockpotalooza blog post.
No comments:
Post a Comment