Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Zucchini

Hmmm, what to do with this?
Zucchini Brownies

Ingredients

1-½ cup White Sugar
½ cups Vegetable Oil
 1-½ teaspoons Vanilla
1 Egg
2 cups Flour
½ cups Cocoa
1-½ teaspoon Baking Soda
1 teaspoon Salt
2 cups Zucchini Shredded (I left the peel on)
1 cup Semi-sweet Mini Chocolate Chips

Icing
2 cups Powder Sugar
¼ cups Butter
¼ cups Milk
6 Tablespoons Cocoa Powder
½ teaspoons Vanilla
 
Preheat over to 350.  Grease and flour a 13x9 pan.  Combine sugar, oil and vanilla. Beat until mixed well, then add egg.  After that is mixed, add dry ingredients. The mixture was very dry.
Then add zucchini and chocolate chips. Beat until well mixed.
Pour into pan and bake 25 to 30 minutes.

Once it is cool make the icing by mixing the ingredients.



Spread over brownies.
Enjoy!
The taste was great, very chocolaty, but a little more cake-like than brownie-lick in my opinion.

Zucchini Fries

Ingredients
Zucchini cut into fry shape
2 Eggs
Crushed Tortilla Chips (probably 1 cup)
Parmesan Cheese (probably 3/4 cup)

Dredge fries through two beat eggs and then through a mixture of chips and cheese.
Place on parchment paper covered cookie sheet and bake at 400 for 20 minutes or so.
Dip in pasta sauce and enjoy.
After discovering I was the only one who was going to eat them I would have skipped the dredging part and just baked them.  I think they are quite tasty! 

No comments: