Friday, October 14, 2011

Peanut Butter Etc. Muffins

This all started because I had two bananas that were going to spoil and Trey kept wanting me to put peanut butter on everything today.

Peanut Butter and Banana Muffins

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup flour
  • 1 cup quick oatmeal
  • 1/3 cup brown sugar
  • 1 Tablespoon baking powder
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
  • 2 small bananas, mashed 
  • 2 heaping serving spoons of peanut butter
Directions:
Grease muffin tins and preheat oven to 350.  Mix dry ingredients together in one bowl.  Mix the other ingredients together in another bowl excluding the banana.  Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients.  Mix and then add the bananas.  Fill the muffin tins half full.  I used a cookie scoop.  You can certainly make them bigger, but this is a great size for the kids.  I ended up with 20 peanut butter and banana muffins ready for the oven.

Which meant that I still had space for more muffins, but no more batter.  Soooo....

Peanut Butter and Zucchini Muffins
(I totally experimented on this.  It doesn't necessarily sound good, but I had some zucchini I wanted to use and figured the flavor would mainly come from the peanut butter.)

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup flour
  • 1 cup quick oatmeal
  • 1/3 cup brown sugar
  • 1 Tablespoon baking powder
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • 1 cup milk
  • 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
  • 2 cups zucchini, shredded
  • 2 heaping serving spoons of peanut butter
Directions are the same as above, switching the zucchini for the banana.

I baked in the oven for 20-22 minutes.  Really, I did lots of checking because of the small size and the moisture in the bananas and zucchini. 

I had a banana one and thought it was great.  Jake and Trey each had a zucchini one as a snack and wanted another so I took that as a good sign.  I ended up with 36 muffins so I plan to freeze some for quick breakfasts.

No comments: