Wednesday, October 5, 2011

What's for Supper? - Salsa Chicken

Crock Pot Salsa Chicken

  • 4-6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (mine were frozen)
  • 1 can of black beans, drained and rinsed
  • 1 cup or so of frozen corn
  • 1 cup or so of salsa (I used about a cup of store bought chunky salsa and then about 1/2 a cup of homemade salsa)
Put it in the crock pot in that order on low and let it do its thing.  I left it there for 7 hours, shredded the chicken and then left it on warm until we ate.

I served it over whole grain rice because that is what I had and didn't want to go to the store.  My sister serves it on tostada shells.  If I would have shredded the chicken more it gave have been used as a nacho topping.  Speaking of topping, I topped mine with sour cream, shredded cheese and more salsa.  Really wish I would have had an avocado too.  If you are the type who enjoys black olives you might try that, but they won't be on mine.

Jake doesn't typically like foods mixed (he has this sixth sense about it possibly being a casserole), but asked for a second helping.  Trey ate some, but spent most of his time trying to individually dip each piece of shredded cheese in the salsa.  The picture above is my first, but not only helping.

I liked that it was super easy to make and has some serving options based on what is in the pantry.

No comments: